Your privacy is our priority, but your trust in us is equally important. That's why we want to be as transparent as possible in our policies. ByteVPN is a zero-logs VPN service provider, which means that we do not keep a record of any connection, traffic, or activity data in regards to our Services. In general, however, we monitor our Site activity to measure its performance and improve functionality. We want you to understand the type of information we collect, why we collect that data, and exactly how we use the information we collect.
Information We Collect
We do not collect, monitor, or log any traffic or use of our
Virtual Private Network service, under any circumstances, on any
While you are not required to provide any identifiable
("personal") information to browse our Site, in order to subscribe
to our Services, you must first create an account and register
with us. This is solely to maintain an active subscription to our
We aggregate and process information from Site visitors
using cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, such as
Google Analytics. In such cases of automated collection,
the focus of this data collection is on our Site
performance, fraud detection, and prevention purposes, not
on your personal information. You can browse our Site
without submitting any personal information. The only data
we collect from all visitors is in order to improve our
Site. This information is aggregated, offering a
high-level view of our Site activity, including:
- Page requests
- Browser type and version
- Operating System
- Bounce rate
- Average time spent on our Site
- IP Address and based on your IP, your country
When you use the Site, we may collect and use
information from your device including your IP address,
user agent, your activity log on the Site, a unique
identifier generated by us, your operating system and
browser, and the files and URLs you upload for scanning.
Further, if you are a PC user of the Services, we will
collect your name, phone number and email address.
We do not track user activities outside of our Site, nor do we track the website browsing or connection activities of users who are using our Services.
- We aggregate and process information from Site visitors using cookies, pixels, and similar technologies, such as Google Analytics. In such cases of automated collection, the focus of this data collection is on our Site performance, fraud detection, and prevention purposes, not on your personal information. You can browse our Site without submitting any personal information. The only data we collect from all visitors is in order to improve our Site. This information is aggregated, offering a high-level view of our Site activity, including:
Opt-Out for All Site Cookies
- Many web browsers accept cookies automatically. There are many resources that advise you on adjusting cookie settings, such as About Cookies. You can block cookies any time by adjusting your browser settings, visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page, or by disabling specific third-party pixels (see below). Please note that some of the features on our Site depend on cookies to properly function.
- Opt-Out from Third-Party Pixels
- We do not collect, monitor, or log any traffic or use of our Virtual Private Network service, under any circumstances, on any platform. While you are not required to provide any identifiable ("personal") information to browse our Site, in order to subscribe to our Services, you must first create an account and register with us. This is solely to maintain an active subscription to our service.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect through our Site is used for
the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, verify your identity when you log into the Site, and administer accounts;
- Analyze. To monitor usage and trends in order to better understand how our Site is found and used, manage customer relationships, and approach users with relevant content;
- Communicate. To send you information periodically about news, products, services, and offers made available by us, our affiliates or our marketing partners;
- Troubleshoot. To respond to your requests for help and technical assistance, and maintain internal records of support histories;
- The information we collect through our Site is used for the following general purposes:
The information we collect through our Services is used
for the following general purposes:
- Process. To create your account, verify your identity when you log into the Service, and administer accounts;
- Troubleshoot. To understand the source and cause of app crashes, and to develop & improve our Services;
- As previously outlined, we do not collect or log any traffic of the Services, under any circumstances. We may, however, compile some statistical information related to app crashes.
- The information we collect through our Services is used for the following general purposes:
Security Measures We Have In Place
In the workplace
- We use industry best security measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access. All of our employees are kept up-to-date on these best practices. In addition, we restrict employee access to service administrative panels to only those who require such access in order to perform their job functions.
On the internet
- We make all of your data concealed and safeguarded as often as possible. Where appropriate, we use encryption, access controls, passwords, and physical security measures to protect the information we collect and maintain about you against unauthorized access and disclosure.
- Password reset - if, for any reason, you’ve requested to reset your ByteVPN account password, then you’ll receive a password reset email. This email provides a unique password-reset link and instructs how to complete your password reset;
- New password - if, for any reason, you’ve completed a password reset, then you’ll receive a new password email. This email confirms your password reset and explains how to change your password in the future, if you wish to.
- All new subscribers to ByteVPN receive product awareness emails. These emails offer application tips and helpful hints to ByteVPN account holders who may be unfamiliar with the benefits and inner-workings of a VPN.
Unsubscribing From Promotional Emails
- You may opt-out from receiving future promotional emails at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe' link contained in the bottom of every email.
- In the workplace
- Our Site and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18 years old. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided personal information to us, please contact us so that we can delete the child's information.
Changes to This Policy
- The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is effective as of May 25, 2018. This regulation broadens the privacy rights that EU individuals have over how their personal data is collected, processed and maintained. ByteVPN is a privacy-focused business and will comply with these guidelines presented by the European Union. User privacy is our priority; both our Site visitors and subscribers to our Services have the right to know what we collect from them.
You are subject to additional conditions if you are using or
accessing the Services and/or Site while located in the EU, United
Kingdom, or Switzerland:
- We act as “controllers” and may process any necessary personal data to conduct our mutual agreement, to reply to your queries and to operate the Services and/or Site.
- We may process your information in order to comply with applicable legislation and/or regulation.
- Rights of data subjects - under the provisions of the GDPR, you have a right to request access and/or deletion of your personal data which we process as controllers. Additionally, you may demand to object or restrict the processing of your personal data. If you are a data subject wishing to submit such request, please send us an email to data_requests@bytefenceVPN.com. Subject to verification of your identity, you will receive a link to a data request page, in which you can submit the request. Your application will be promptly addressed by our support team.
- In case your request or concerns haven’t been answered, you may file a complaint with your applicable supervisory authority.
- As long as you are using the Services, information collected from you will be stored. To assure your request for deletion is met, please send us a deletion request following deleting the ByteVPN software.
California Consumers Privacy Rights
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain rights concerning their personal information (subject to certain exceptions), such as: (a) a right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our use and collection of your personal information during the preceding 12 months (including the purpose of such use and collection, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared such personal information); (b) a right to request that we delete the personal information we collected from you and retained; (c) a right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information; (d) A right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your CCPA rights. To exercise your rights and receive further information, please contact us by email at data_requests@bytefenceVPN.com. Note that we may need to receive additional information in order to process your request or verify your identity.
How to Contact Us